Monday, March 5, 2012

TMG (Trimethylglycine)



This is from a section at www.gilbertssyndrome.com. I just got my TMG yesterday and started taking it this morning, along with my other "healthy liver" supplements.  It's supposed to reduce bilirubin and increase production of SAMe..

TMG (Trimethylglycine) / Betaine - Reduces Bilirubin, Estrogen, Increases Bile Transport, Enzyme Support, Mood
squid
I recently read on a website that TMG (me: Tri Methyl Glycine) was good for gilberts syndrome, i did some more searching and found some interesting things.
TMG helps in the production of sam-e which has been mentioned on this board.
"Liver Disorders: As a part of liver-healing and protection formulas. Increases SAM levels in the liver, enables the liver to metabolize fat and protect against many challenges such as alcohol induced cirrhosis. TMG will also decrease BILIRUBIN, alkaline phosphotase, and several other liver enzymes related to a large variety of liver disorders. Significant liver benefits have been shown in 20 studies. Dose range: 500-1,500 mg. daily."
"Trimethylglycine (TMG) is an excellent source of methyl groups and is found in good quantities in broccoli and beets."
"Methylation increases production of S-adenosyl-methionine, or SAMe. "
"Research shows that decreased methylation is involved in many health conditions, including diseases of the cardiovascular system, brain and liver, as well as cancer"
"SAMe is very useful in liver disease and in osteoarthritis it has been shown to stimulate cartilage regeneration."
"When SAMe is spent, it loses a methyl group to become homocysteine. TMG recycles the homocysteine back into SAMe, so with enough TMG in the system, the same SAMe molecule can be used over and over"
"TMG is a versatile nutrient and provides an intermediary metabolite that can enable a person or animal to function at more optimum mental and physical levels"
and also there has been discussion of:
"Chronic fatigue syndrome: Greater mental alertness and energy, improves immune dysfunction."
TMG is also thought to increase liver enzyme function and increase muscle growth ( GS is meant to make you weak)
sounds like broccoli is the new GS wonder drug.
Matthew2002
I've been on it (TMG) for almost a month now and I feel more alive than ever! It slighty reduced the yellow tint to my eye which is hard to notice now. I have been on it for well over 2 1/2 weeks. I've been taking 3-4 500mg pills a day.
I am still taking TMG (500mg) 6 tablets a day. Still slight jaundice in the eyes but I feel good.
DaveH439
After reading about TMG I decided to try it. The only product I could get locally was called "Connect" produced by Natural Highs and contained TMG together with a number of other things like B6 & B12. After the first couple of days I felt less of the fatigue and brain fog and I noticed I got a much better restful sleep. It's early days but I have been encouraged by the very quick result I have got with this product
rhlhmhkh
I have tried St. John's wort, Seasilver, SAMe and have had NO relief until now. I have been on Tri Methyl Glycine for the last 2 weeks and feel better than I have felt is over a year. I sure hope I continue to feel this good. (later) I tried it for a few of months and unfortunately, I did not find that it helped. I was hoping it was the miracle I am searching for. The fatique I have is unbearable some days. While taking TMG, I felt better some days and thought it was working then I would get an incredible low even while taking it.
StevieRay2
I have been taking TMG for the past 3 weeks and I must admit that my eyes are less yellow. Certainly not what I would consider normal white, but definitely an improvement. I have been taking three 750 mg tablets daily - but I am thinking of upping the dosage to four tablets per day.
(later) I am taking TMG - 6 x 500 daily - but gave up on milk thistle long ago after I determined that it did nothing for me. TMG seems to have reduced the yellow color of my eyes - but I would suspect that my billirubin level remains higher than normal since my eyes are still slightly yellow. The TMG I have been taking also includes folic acid, and vitamins B6 and B12, and I have also been supplementing with vitamin C... For me, TMG has produced no physical effects other than somewhat reducing the yellow color of my eyes. I am hoping to experience continued improvement after several months of "liver cleansing" if that's what the TMG is doing.
martinlong1978
I've tried TMG... first the dose on the bottle...3x500 a day. Useless, but when I upped the dose to 6x500 a day - fantastic. You still have to watch what you drink etc, but it can hel you live a normal life.
dmy222
How long taking TMG before an effects were felt, i started taking but made me feel tired,
StatenBoy
I have tried sjw, and tmg, but I did not have any luck
Kotulc
I think that TMG works realy well. I'm taking it for 4 days and I must say, I fell much, much better.
squid
i have managed to impove my gilberts like symptoms 100%... One of the most effective things for improving my health i have found is Raw spinach. Since i started eating it i feel calmer happier and more alert.
Cooking removes around 80% of vitamins and minerals as well as digestive enzymes from food. This is why spinach beets broccoli for TMG.
"The Biochemistry of Homocysteine
There are three biochemical pathways used by the body to reduce homocysteine. In one pathway, TMG donates a methyl group which detoxifies homocysteine. In this reaction, TMG is turned into dimethylglycine (DMG) - yes, that familiar product sold as a supplement for its energizing effects. In the other routes, folic acid, B12 and B6 convert homocysteine into non-toxic substances."
Spinach contains B6 and folic acid. B12, as vegetarians will tell you, you can get from microorganism on the surface of green vegetables (such as spinach).
SxSnipeR
Trimethylglycine = Betaine in the UK
Uk preparations - None with betain on its own
in combination = Quest Enzyme Digest with betaine HCL
and Digenzyme
The ingredients are as follow: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Betaine HCL, Amylase, Lipase, Bromelain, papain, Magnesium Stearate, Sillicon Dioxide, Peppermint Oil.
DaveH439
I have started taking a product containing TMG. Early days but the initial thoughts have been good. I have also noticed that since taking this product my reaction to the foods that normaly zap my energy has been very much improved and I seem to be able to tolerate them without the normal bad reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment